Friday 7 February 2014

Live Streaming Competition Rules

Bit off topic as is the things that I do but below are some rules I'm setting out for some live streaming I'm going to be doing on World of Tanks for the Xbox 360. It's in the early stages but I wanted to make anything I do for the people that watch the streams and making it a fair competition that I've got ideas for. Looking for ideas, mainly criticism, and most of all any loop holes that you may spot.

I've spent some time making them up but reading and writing it all means I'm likely to miss something out.

1. Rules are subject to change at any time but notice of any changes will be made clear to let everyone know at east 1 day before the next live stream.

2. A minimum of 5 entrants for the kill draw and a minimum of 10 for the spotting draw must be reached before the end of the live stream before the draw can be made.

    2a. In the event that 5 or more people limit has not been reached for the kill draw then the number of current entrants will be placed into the next draw providing the total number of entrants exceeds 5.

    2b. The spotting draw will only take place if the number of entrants sending a qualifying message to my gamertag is either 10 or above. If the number has not been reached by the end of the live stream event then the draw will not take place.

3. There are two draws. The kill draw and spotting draw.

    3a. There will be 2 qualifying messages per live stream draw. One relating to the kill draw and one related to the spotting draw. These will change when a new live stream event starts.

    3b. The kill draw: If you kill me within a game whilst the live stream event is on and send the qualifying message of the current live stream event to me within 30 seconds of the game ending, your name will be entered into the kill draw at the end of the live stream.
   
    3c. The spotting draw: If you spot me during a live stream event in a game you are currently in with me and send a qualifying message of the current live stream event to me from the start of the game to within 30 seconds of the game ending then your name will be entered into the draw. All gamertags sending this message will be double checked against the score board at the end to ensure that you played in that particular game.

4. You can have as many qualifying entries as you want during the event. So killing me twice and sending me two messages during two separate matches will earn you two tickets in the kill draw. The same example is used for spotting but again gamertag checks will be made to ensure it's fair or everyone.

5. The draw will be made by assigning a number to your gamertag. An example is that if 15 people qualify for the kill draw and one person has 2 tickets then that person will get two separate numbers and a random number generator will be used to determine the winner.

6. Winners of either draw will be sent a code over Xbox Live to the gamertag used to send the qualifying message.

7. Prizes will tend to be MS cards of monetary value. Currently this is the only part that I need to make sure that I can get MS cards over here to which people from other countries can redeem into their own currency. Obviously exchange rates change so the amount you get may be more or less then what it's worth here in the UK.

8. If foul play is suspected then the the ticket or competition for that day may be voided.

9. The competition may change from time to time to include more chances for viewers to win. This includes kill more members of a platoon I'm in during a live stream event will get you extra tickets into the draw, or getting a certain number of kills in a game I'm in will get you a bonus ticket.

10. Every effort is made to get into games with viewers although this may not always be possible. The total number of entrants needed may change depending on viewer count and how popular the live stream becomes.

11. Tank tiers will be announced before each game to ensure your best chance of getting into the game with me and possibly my platoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment